Using your smartphone’s data plan or Wi-Fi connection, Kik Messenger, a free instant messaging and social networking app enables you to communicate with other Kik users without using SMS (short message service).
Kik chats are private, and chat partners cannot see your phone number or email address. However, everyone in a Kik group can see your username. Your username is the only thing your contacts will see on Kik, aside from your display name, username, and profile picture. If you use a Kik account, you may see your contacts by matching their email addresses or phone numbers to those on your smartphone.
- Stay connected with your Kik friends, no matter who you are or your device. Chat one-on-one, with your entire group, or with a bot!
- Are you a word person or a GIF person? Or… are you simply down to emoji? No matter what your style, Kik has, you covered.
- We’re here to help you express yourself and stay informed! Our new interface is pleasing to the eye and simple to use.
- Kik bots are designed to be social. You can chat with them, take quizzes, get fashion advice, get news, seek advice, or bring one into a group chat and play games with your friends.
- When someone scans your unique Kik code, a chat opens immediately, and they can send you a message directly! Look for Kik codes in your community when you’re out and about.
- Kik strives to ensure that everyone has an excellent time using our app. We’re always working on new features to keep Kik fun and secure for everyone.
Creating a profile on Kik is easy and free. You can use your existing Facebook account or choose an anonymous username. When you join Kik, you instantly become part of a group chat with a few friends. It’s free to chat online or via group chat when you’re in the same group. You can also call or text anyone in your group, even if they don’t have a Kik account. If they do have a Kik account but don’t see you in their contacts list, send them a message directly to be added.