NOAA Now provides the latest information from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration including:
– hurricanes, typhoons and tropical storms in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans
– worldwide animated satellite views
– the latest worldwide marine information
– the ultraviolet index
– US mainland storms, including the latest tornado and severe thunderstorm alerts
– animated radar for the US
– animated US forecast chart
– NASA global climate imagery (subscribers only)
– a cool dark mode
All data is courtesy of NOAA, NASA and other sources where indicated. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
There are options within the app to track worldwide tropical cyclones, typhoons, hurricanes and other global weather hazards, and comprehensive ocean conditions forecasts for the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Development of NOAA Now is funded in part by ads, which can be removed by selecting the monthly auto-renewing subscription option “Remove Ads” from the app’s settings menu. Removing ads also provides access to other premium content.
The subscription price of 0.99 USD (in your local currency) will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and, for each renewal, within 24 hours prior to the end of the current month.
You can cancel the subscription at any time through your iTunes account settings, but you must do so at least 24 hours before the end of the current month to avoid being charged, and ads will show again at the start of the subsequent month.