The team at RoadsideAmerica.com has spent decades exploring the weird wonders of America’s highways. The Roadside America app puts their expertise at your fingertips to help you on your own unforgettable adventures. Fun reports, maps and photos guide you to the less traveled places just waiting off the next exit.
– The Today Show: “Road Trip Must Haves”
– Travel + Leisure: “Great Road-Trip App”
– Real Simple: Recommended Road Trip “Escape App”
– Conde Nast Traveler: “Best Travel Apps for Kids”
– NY Times: “For a more lighthearted road trip, with more quirky sights highlighted, check out Roadside America…”
NOTE: The basic app includes your choice of 1 (of 7 total) U.S./Canada regions.* Optional in-app purchases unlock more or all regions.
DISCOVER UNUSUAL AND FUNNY PLACES ALONG THE HIGHWAY
– World’s largest and smallest sights
– Strange museums, graves, statues, Muffler Men
– Bizarre architecture, obscure history
– Route 66 sights, tourist traps, odd theme parks
– Mystery spots, gravity hills, caves, unnatural wonders
SEE WHAT’S UP THE ROAD
– Check map or list for what oddities are nearby, or drop a pin ahead
– Search by attraction name, address, or browse by city
– Explore 70+ themes: Atomic, Music, Celebrities, Tech, Zombie Army, more!
PLAN A TRIP — OR JUST LAUGH
– Read amusing field reports by our travel gurus and tipsters
– View photos, maps and directions, addresses, hours. Call attractions.
– Filter Editors’ Ratings to focus on the must-sees
– Visit and submit your own tips on exclusive “research” attraction targets
GET EXCLUSIVE ROAD TRIP TOOLS
– Sunset Alert – Last daylight photo opportunity!
– Tourist Interruptus – Schedule an “urgent call” to yourself
– Send an attraction location to Maps or other popular routing apps
– Export/Import your Saves and Been Theres to a 2nd device
FAQ AND CONTACT INFO
For region activation issues, please contact us in the app: More, Feedback or via the website http://www.roadsideamerica.com/mobile/
* REGIONS: HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR IN-APP PURCHASE(S)
When first launching app, select your one permanent region (see included states, below). Then, you can make optional in-app purchases to permanently unlock more regions, or All Access unlocks all remaining regions. Sign up for a Roadside America user account for region purchases and device access restores.
– NORTHEAST: Delaware, DC, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
– SOUTHEAST: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
– MIDWEST: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
– SOUTHWEST: Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
– NORTHWEST: Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming
– CALIFORNIA: California, Alaska, Hawaii
– CANADA: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, PEI, Québec, Saskatchewan, Yukon