A star and constellation guide has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just hold it to the sky to automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more. It’s stargazing fun for all ages and experience levels!
*** Apple Design Award 2014 Winner ***
“Close to perfect.”
“The perfect companion for helping you find the stars…”
“Beautiful and informative…a treasure.”
Is it a star or Saturn? Learning what’s in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required!
Whether you’re looking for the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or Mars, Sky Guide will satisfy your curiosity. You can search for thousands of celestial sights and be guided exactly where to see them in the sky above you. Just follow the arrow.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. Or, witness the approach of magnificent comets and see their tails evolve as they fly around the Sun.
Want to watch a satellite pass overhead? Sky Guide features hundreds of visible satellites for you to identify and track. You can also schedule reminders or get notifications of when the International Space Station is due to fly over — even on your Apple Watch!
Sky Guide contains immersive visuals unlike any star app you have seen before. With exclusive imagery adapted from high-resolution photographs, you’ll see millions of stars and feel as though you’re spacewalking! Or, if you’re feeling more earthbound, gesture down the intensity of star light to match an urban view.
Sky Guide may have few buttons but it has ample content. With richly illustrated and cross-linked articles—many by leading astronomical authors—countless enlightened moments await novice and seasoned stargazers alike.
Plus, Sky Guide functions with or without a Wi-Fi, data, or GPS signal. Take it camping or use it overseas. Everything is at your fingertips at all times, in all places.
• Apple Watch support: See a calendar of upcoming astronomical events — the full moon, meteor showers, eclipses, and more. Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location. And it will even alert you when the International Space Station is due to fly over — and let you tweet one of its astronauts.
• Soundscape: Designed by award-winning composer Mat Jarvis. Stars have sounds based on their temperature and size.
• Time-lapse Effects: See star trails when you move through time quickly (supported on devices with A7 processor and higher).
• Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets (requires iOS 8).
• Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders.
• Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
Please note: Sky Guide requires a gyroscope, so it doesn’t work with iPad 1 or iPhone 3GS and earlier.