Stellarium Mobile Sky Map is a planetarium for mobile devices that displays a realistic and accurate star field. It’s a great tool for astronomers to locate stars, planets, and constellations. Noctua Software Ltd has created an educational application that accurately simulates the night sky as you would see it with the naked eye, a pair of binoculars, or a telescope.
- See an accurate representation of the night sky with the positions of stars and planets for any date and time.
- Explore a variety of deep-sky objects, such as star clusters, nebulas, and galaxies.
- Select the shapes and illustrations of constellations for different sky cultures to discover how people living elsewhere on the planet view the stars.
- Keep track of the International Space Station as well as other artificial satellites.
- Create a realistic sunrise, sunset, and atmosphere refraction effect.
- Explore 3D models of the major solar system planets and their satellites.
- Save your eyes for future night explorations by observing the night sky in red mode.
How to Use?
Simply point your phone at the sky to discover what’s up there! This astronomy application has a simple, clean user interface that makes it one of the best astronomical applications for adults and children interested in star gazing. You can identify stars, constellations, planets, comets, and other deep space objects in real-time as they move across the night sky.
Is it Free?
Stellarium Mobile is available for Android for free and contains in-app purchases allowing users to upgrade to Stellarium Plus. With this upgrade, you will be able to view faint objects as faint as magnitude 22 (versus magnitude 8 with the base version) and benefit from additional observing features.
Now you can view the night sky with your mobile device! This astronomy application is ideal for kids and adults who enjoy learning about astronomy. It’s fun, engaging, and educational. Take your phone outside and get a glimpse of the stars on a clear night.
If you love astronomy, you will also be interested in Stellarium Plus. This is a paid upgrade that adds lots of other features to the base application, including the capability to see faint objects as faint as magnitude 22 (versus magnitude 8 with the base version) and benefit from additional observing features.
You might also like: A.t.l.a.s. – Fantasy Map Generator