Keep your eye on the sky with Storm by Weather Underground. High definition radar, advanced storm cell tracking, severe weather outlooks and real-time severe weather alerts make this the best app to have by your side when weather is closing in. View current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts at a glance and in a more detailed view. Now available free for iPhone and iPad!
RADAR: Storm is equipped with the highest resolution radar available (250m) and allows you to view animations of past, present, and future activity. Our single site sweeping feature lets you choose the radar site nearest your current location and view real-time reports on reflectivity and velocity.
STORM TRACKS: Storm Tracks utilize the most advanced severe weather algorithms to provide a detailed analysis of an impending storm. This includes a storm strength rating, detailed components of the storm (such as wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes), the speed and direction of the storm, populated cities in its path, the precipitation rate, and much more.
SEVERE OUTLOOKS: See the overall severe weather threat for the next 3 days with details available by tapping on any risk level visible on the map.
ALERTS: Customizable push notifications and in-app alerts notify you of incoming lightning, precipitation (within up to a 30 mile radius) and National Weather Service (NWS) polygonal warnings. You can also view severe weather warnings and advisories for conditions such as tornadoes, flooding, severe thunderstorms, tropical storms, winters storms, and more as layers on the map.
MAP/LAYERS: Storm’s map comes with a variety of customizable data layers, overlays, and severe weather warnings. Available data layers include radar, satellite, lightning, severe outlooks, road weather, wind speed, temperature, water temperature, and snow cover. Overlays include storm tracks, personal weather stations, windstream, fronts, tropical tracks, and earthquakes.
FORECAST: Get current conditions, daily and hourly forecasts, historical highs and lows, and more in list view or graphical view.
**Share a screenshot of the weather in your area directly from your mobile device to Twitter, Facebook, email, or an iMessage.
**See your current forecast and the weather alerts in your area at a glance with the weather widget
**Additional in-app subscriptions for the removal of ads and Boating features.
• The highest resolution (250m) radar showing interactive animations for past and future data
• Single site sweeping radar: get near real-time data from each site, with options for viewing both reflectivity and velocity
• Storm Tracks: keep an eye on the storm using the most advanced severe weather algorithms available
• Lightning: Lightning map layer showing lightning 100 miles around your selected location
• Push notifications and in-app alerts for precipitation, lightning (within a customizable radius) and detailed NWS polygonal warnings
• Hyper-local weather data powered by Weather Underground’s network of over 100,000 personal weather stations
• Full screen map with customizable data layers including: animated surface and jetstream level winds, earthquakes, fronts, tropical data, severe weather alerts, and more
• Tap on current conditions, daily or hourly forecasts to view more detailed weather data in list or graph view
• Additional in-app subscription for removal of ads
• Additional Auto-renewing in-app subscription for Boating-this subscription auto-renews unless auto-renew is turned off via iTunes.
• Social weather: share the storm tracking and radar data with your friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, or Twitter
• Today widget for iOS 8 showing real-time alerts for lightning, precipitation, and NWS updates
• Available for iPhone and iPad
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.