Transit Stop provides real-time data on bus and train arrival times at transit stops throughout Chicago, making commuting easier.
- Dark mode included
- Save your bus stops and view estimated arrival times on your Apple Watch!
- It provides arrival time estimates in minutes (e.g., 4 minutes) and time (e.g., 12:14 pm) along with route names, bus IDs, train run numbers, distance to stops, directions, destinations, and time stamps to show when the last refresh occurred.
- Besides the list of estimated arrival times, you can view bus and train locations and route patterns on a map.
- View real-time information on the estimated arrival time of a particular bus or train vehicle by tapping on the estimated arrival timeline.
- You can quickly and easily access your favorite stops while on the go by saving them.
- You can view CTA route service alerts for whichever bus route or train line you track. You can manually refresh arrival times to get the most up-to-date information, allowing for more precise timing.
Is it worth it?
Two CTA employees who wanted to make traveling easier initially developed Transit Stop. The app is a free resource that helps users quickly find out their closest stops, whether they’re on foot, driving, or riding the rails. It also offers interactive maps, transit schedules, and advanced analytics. Finally, it provides alerts that notify users of significant disruptions or delays.
The best part about Transit Stop is that it helps improve the situation for bus, train, and subway riders – especially if you’re a commuter reliant on public transit who’s had issues with delays or cancellations. Whether you’re trying to get somewhere new for the first time or if you’re a tried-and-true creature of habit, Transit Stop is the perfect app for the job.