Live Severe Weather Center 9 coverage is available on your mobile device through this free, 24/7 app. It is constantly updated with the most recent severe weather and forecast information for Orlando and Central Florida.
With the app’s built-in interactive radar, you can zoom in on your region, including Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia counties, or zoom out to see radar anywhere in the country. Location-based severe weather warnings will be sent to you.
- Accurate weather tools that display hourly, five and seven-day forecasts
- Storm alerts: audible tones warning you of pending danger
- Constantly updated video forecasts from Severe Weather Center 9.
- It connects you with the WFTV weather team in an interactive way to keep you updated on the weather.
- Channel 9 Eyewitness News broadcasts streamed live every day.
- Live streaming Early Warning Doppler 9HD with interactive radar.
- Multi-city forecasting keeps you alerted to severe weather.
- Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types, including tornadoes
- Level 3 interactive radar, animation loops, and visible satellite map
- One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center
- Twitter and Facebook feeds
- Additional items added seasonally
For $4.99, you can make your app into an NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app. You will receive push alerts for all remaining alert types (over 110) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant alerting and messaging engine.
WFTV Channel 9 Weather is a free, 24/7 live-streaming app that helps you stay informed during severe weather. You can access the app from anywhere, whether you’re at home, at work, or on vacation.
The app is constantly updated with the latest severe weather and forecast information for Central Florida. It also features interactive tools such as animated radar, satellite maps, and alerts.
You’ll receive up-to-the-minute weather alerts for their region and know exactly when to tune in to TV or radio. These are all great features and make the app very efficient.